Winter is here, with holidays and frozen toes, with endings and beginnings.
The days are short. The nights are long. The air is cold. Good time to light a candle.
Here are are some poems, offered for your winter enjoyment by The Academy of American Poets.
- "Those Winter Sundays" by Robert Hayden
- "Fishing in Winter" by Ralph Burns
- "splitting firewood on a winter afternoon" by Ben Shane
- "Winter: My Secret" by Christina Rossetti
- "Cut Off the Ears of Winter" by Peter Covino
- "A Winter Blue Jay" by Sara Teasdale
- "The Snow Man" by Wallace Stevens
- "Winter Poem" by Robert Bly (video)
- "Winter Field" by Joanna Klink (audio)
- "Lines for Winter" by Mark Strand (audio)